Click a date for event details and registration.
Education Fellowship Program
Since 2002, the American Australian Association has awarded fellowships to Australians and Americans for advanced research and study in the United States and Australia respectively. To date, US$4million in fellowships has been awarded to more than 190 scholars.
For more information on the Education Fund including applications, deadlines and judges, visit the AAA Inc website.
Australia to US Fellowships
AusART Fellowship 2014
AusArt Fellowship for the Fine Arts
Up to $30,000 - 2015 applications closed on 30 April
The American Friends of the National Gallery of Australia Inc., in conjunction with the American Australian Association, is offering a scholarship for an Australian graduate or post graduate student of the Fine Arts or Curatorial Studies wishing to further their studies in the United States. Students working on visual arts are particularly encouraged to apply.
The AusArt Fellowship is for up to US$30,000 a year.
Applications for the AusArt Fellowship closed on April 30th. Guidelines and application form are available at - http://www.americanaustralian.org/education/AusArt/
Study Level: Research/study must be at the graduate or post graduate level.
US Enrollment: Acceptance into a US educational institution for full time study.
Citizenship: Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
Budget: Budget for the research/study period must be for a maximum of US$30,000. The Fellowships are intended to support part of the costs of 1 year of research/study in the US.
Essays: Please submit 3 Essays or a portfolio of your recent work. Further details are available in the application form.
For questions regarding your application and for submission, please contact Jhelum Bagchi at email@example.com
Click here for online application instructions.
AAA - APSA Congressional Fellowship 2015- CLOSED
American Australian Association
APSA Congressional Fellowship
The American Australian Association is pleased to offer the American Political Science Association Congressional Fellowship. Applications for closed on March 1st.
APSA Congressional Fellowship
Program: work on Capitol Hill with Congressional staff to gain an understanding of the US legislative process.
Duration: 9 months starting November 2015.
Open to: political scientists, journalists, federal executives or international scholars.
Funds: up to US$40,000.
APSA Fellow will receive funds of up to US$40,000 via a monthly stipend, funds for program related international travel, book purchases and program field trips.
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia.
- Exceptional writing and speaking skills.
- Three years work experience.
- Potential candidates include: political journalists, early-to-mid-career academics, and experts from the fields of foreign policy, economics, migration, environment, science, and social issues.
- The Fellow will be chosen based on a commitment to US-Australian relations, quality of their written and oral presentation, professional excellence, and current and future involvement in the public policy process in Australia.
- Detailed resume and cover letter.
- 3 professional letters of recommendation with full contact details.
- Writing sample (one published or unpublished manuscript).
- Personal essay addressing the significance of the Congressional Fellowship program for your future career and professional goals.
- Applications closed on March 1st.
- For further application information, please visit our APSA Congressional Fellowship page.
For questions regarding your application and for submission, please contact Jhelum Bagchi at firstname.lastname@example.org.